After you’ve said yes and chosen a wedding date, it’s time to start planning some of the fun stuff like engagement photos! Engagement sessions are a great way for you to get to know our shooting style before your wedding day. It also helps you to familiarize yourselves with being in front of a camera. To view our current and past work please visit our blog.
Engagement Photography Tips
What to Wear:
- Keep it simple and comfortable. Simple equals timeless photographs. Try not to be too trendy as trends fade and you will be looking at these for a very long time.
- Try not to be too ‘matchy-matchy’ with clothing. Coordinating your outfits is one thing, wearing the same thing is not.
- Be creative! Think about where your first date took place, what park you visit often, or any place that has a special meaning to you. Don’t rule out local businesses. Many owners are happy to grant photo access if you ask. Ice cream shops, wineries, etc., are all great places.
- If you are going to have your session indoors, portable lights may be used and can take some time to set up. If you want an outdoor session, schedule your session about an hour and a half before the sun sets. It’s called golden hour for a reason, and it will result in some dreamy golden-like images.
- Use props! Bring along anything that means something to you. Enjoy bike riding? Why not bring the bikes along? We would be happy to help you plan the best use for your props.
- Make that ring shine! Get your ring cleaned right before your photos, it will ensure a sparkly ring that pops.
- The most important tip of all is to be comfortable and be yourself. Interact the way you normally do. If you know what will make each other laugh, say it. If you’re happy and comfortable, it will show through.